The perfect setting for your microcampus
The Pear Orchard Temple is a recently restored Ming Dynasty temple in the heart of Shaxi Yunnan China. In addition to operating as a place of worship and community center for the elders of Diantou Village, it also features separate classrooms for study and activities. The temple is 10 minutes by bike to family homestay housing in Xia Ke Village, and other housing options are available with local families. Historic Shaxi Old Town, one of the last intact market towns on the Tea Horse Road in the green foothills of the Himalayas, is just 15 minutes by bike. The temple microcampus features:
- Three classrooms for 12-15 students in a quiet courtyard overlooking the valley
- Meditation and reading rooms
- Broadband WiFi
- Activity room for up to 20 students
- Vegetarian kitchen and restaurant with indoor and outdoor dining
- Public restrooms
- Radiant heating in Winter
For more information about the recent restoration process on the temple, please visit our blog here.
To learn more about the microcampus opportunity and short-term experiential learning programs in Shaxi, please contact Chris Barclay.